We are looking for an experienced Senior Embedded Engineer for our international and expanding Research & Development Security Lab in The Netherlands. Our innovative Dutch R&D Lab has a focus on embedded security solutions to protect hardware, software and content. Join us and be part of a thriving company operating in the security industry.
What will your mission be?
As Senior Embedded Engineer you will ensure hackers are too scared to consider breaking into our solutions. You work with the team on solving complex security problems that touch the full system – from head-end (server) to smartcard (inside consumer box) to mobile device.
Your ideal afternoon is devising hacking scenarios in context of latest industry trends to expose security flaws in an embedded systems environment. Everything you do is done with a passion for technology, constant learning as well as putting out quality code.
You will report and work closely with the R&D Manager who sets out the overall strategy and goals. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle for less, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer and working backwards.
- Come up with innovating and new security concepts;
- Research / Develop new hardware and content security / protection schemes;
- Develop and inject anti-piracy measures into existing / running systems;
- Keep up to date with the latest security trends and regulations as well as exploit developments;
- Deliver high quality and tested code as a team;
- Take responsibility in maintaining the continuous integration framework;
- Maintain the existing code base, refactoring it when needed;
- Coach non-senior engineers in the team, actively raise team level upwards;
- Consulting other teams on security related architecture / design / solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years as embedded engineer of which 2+ as senior;
- Solid hands-on experience with Linux / Android / RTOS (Kernel / Drivers) development;
- Solid hands-on experience with ARM based architectures;
- Experience in programming languages: C, C++, Assembly;
- Experience of board level software debug, cross compilation, JTAG / EJTAG debug, drivers, etc.
Highly Appreciated/Bonus Points if:
- Experience with or knowledge of Security, TrustZone, Cryptography and key management;
- Bit-level analysis experience (hacking / reverse engineering, disassemblers, low-level programming, etc.);
- Experience in vulnerability analysis, static / dynamic code analysis, fuzzing or penetration testing;
- Experience with (developing with / for) smartcard or related systems;
- Secure coding & secure development life cycle;
- Knowledge of Digital Video Broadcasting; Conditional Access Systems, DRM, Link protection;
- Experience with simulators, emulators and logic analyzers;
- Experience with hardware bring-up and troubleshooting;
- SoC design cycle, including architecture, HW design, verification, and SW development;
- Knowledge of Communication protocols at chip, board, and system levels;
- Soldering skills, debugging and analyzing hardware problems;
- Proficiency in Object Oriented C++;
- Mad math skills;
- Experience developing (wireless) network-based software;
- Experience with UART / USB programming;
- Proficient with Git, Jenkins, JIRA;
- Researching & publishing technical articles, white papers, or similar content in regards to embedded systems or mobile devices.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Masters Degree is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Critical intelligent thinking and attention to details;
- Pro-active and quick learner;
- Team player;
- Ability to travel (UK, Estonia, Russia) a few times a year when needed.
What we Offer?
You will work in our friendly, international environment with other highly professional and motivated people in our Amsterdam office. Our team has some of the most driven and capable members from the industry, having vast expertise and strong orientation towards best practices in software engineering and agile practices.
For your role, you will get:
- Good fringe benefits;
- A competitive basic salary based on experience and knowledge;
- An informal working environment in which everyone likes to share their knowledge, and where you are offered opportunities to grow further;
- Flexibility in working hours and the possibility to (partly) work from home;
- Encouragement to develop your own initiatives: we are a flat organization;
- We offer a company pension plan, fancy laptop and travel allowance;
- We are open to discuss what is actually important to you!
Besides, at SecuredNow, we firmly believe that if you enjoy your work, you will be more creative, more productive, and generally happier, so that’s what we aim for!
- We think it is fun to have lunch together so we support everyone to join and share their stories. We also love taking little breaks to get some fresh air and get our creative juices flowing, so we encourage everyone to join our lunch walks.
- When we are back in the office, we have happy hour once every two weeks with drinks, some snacks & games.
- We organize fun and active team-building events so you can let your creative and your competitive side out!!
Do you have what it takes to join our team? Send your CV and application letter to: [email protected]
Please, take into account that only CVs in English will be considered.
We are not interested in acquisition by recruitment & selection agencies.